5.12.2010

Empty.



So it turns out you cars need gas in order to run correctly.
Who freakin knew!?

Well I obviously didn't because last night on my way home from work my car died in the middle of Sardine poopy canyon. Luckily this time I wasn't dressed like Professor Trelawny.

This time I was fortunate enough to have a car full of all my possessions because I am homeless this week, it was pitch black outside, and raining. That's right I said raining. But a real nice highway patrolman stopped and offered to help me fill up my oil....haha yes I thought it died because my oil was out. Wrong. Then he kindly offered to drive me back so I didn't have to freeze in my old grandma car all night.

My amazing friend Jessica Gifford is the only one I knew in Logan this week and she graciously let me bum at her house. And today I got to go to work in the same clothes and hair I had worked in the previous day. I am very grateful and I am sure my clients at the studio were glad she let me use some of her toothpaste to brush my teeth with my fingers. Don't you just love doing that? I don't.

Then today after work my lovely mother, father, and sister Kristen came and rescued me. Dad brought up the trusty old gas can we filled it up to the brim with gasoline. We all crossed our fingers as Dad started filling the BU up. And by some miraculous work from above the car started and got me safely home to Kearns, Ut.

I am so grateful that it wasn't anything other than my own stupidity and blondness that temporarily killed the car.
Lesson learned. From now on I will always check my gas gauge before entering the Bermuda canyon.
And I will never tell my mom I hopped into a car of a policeman again. She about had a heart attack when she found out...thinking he was a rapist or killer (mother I am not that stupid).

Thank you Officer Preece for rescuing me in the cold dark canyon. Thank you parents and sister for saving me from staying in logan without any belongings. Thank you Jessica for giving me shelter and muffins. And Thank you buick for still being a wonderful car...I will never put you through that torture again.
Sincerly-Me

Oh P.S. I got a 3.6!!! Wahoo!
Take that probation.


5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad it was just the gas! Prayers are answered! And yes, I heard about Mom's worries about the policeman--you never know, right? 3.6? Is that GPA? Wowsa! Way to go Ash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry I wasn't in town to rescue you the night you got stranded, but I am glad I got to help rescue you last night! At least you learned your lesson right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for no gas! So glad that is all it was. I am also glad that mom didn't have a heart attack and that Officer Preece was really Officer Preece and not a rapist. Love you Ash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 3.6 you ROCK! Only cool people run out of gas in Sardine Canyon! At least you hopped into a policeman's car....I hopped into a college students car!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy you used the word "poopy" to reassure everyone that this post was, in fact, from you and not some policeman who had kidnapped you and assumed your identity... just kidding. Man getting stuck in the canyon alone and night would be SCARY!

    ReplyDelete

you make me happy.