9.01.2011

the reception.




So....we may have had the longest line in the history of receptions. I think that was the only bad thing about it. Oh and that I didn't get to eat a mint brownie and we didn't take any photobooth pictures of ourselves. but thats it.



We had a little photobooth for guests to take fun pictures at. The grandkids really liked it.

















My plate of food I somehow failed to put a brownie on.

Favorite picture of the night!



It was like a dream. Seriously. A dream.




And none of it could have been done without my entire family. I just have to spill my guts for a bit, I am blessed with the most amazing, caring, talented, loving, and selfless family. My sisters put in countless hours especially Jana helping me do all of the decorations, our wedding video, spray painting the center pieces and frames, not to mention all of the hours of driving they did driving back and forth from their houses to my parents house to have little planning sessions. My brother in law Robert did our wedding video for us,  David made the Lemonade table from scratch, Todd stayed at the temple with us the whole time taking back up pictures to stick in our video so we would have footage of it for the reception, and Mel made all of he bridesmaids bracelets. And of course last but not least my parents...well they are just so loving, and supportive and I am so glad the stress from this wedding didn't kill my mom. I think it got pretty close there for awhile....

But really. Don't you think my sisters need to start a freakin wedding decorating business!? I might be a little biased but I thought it turned out beautiful. They are just the best. We did our wedding a little bit different and got married+ had our wedding dinner the night before the reception. So Friday day they all slaved away getting the decorations up while Kev and I were on our honeymoonish, and then stayed long after the recep and took them all down. I am so very grateful to my family, they seriously made our wedding unreal. Kevin and I didn't want to leave the reception because it really felt like a fairy tale. It was more then i had ever dreamed of. 
Cheesy? 
Yes. 
And I do not care.

oh it makes me sigh just thinking about it. 
I would go back one million times, and never get sick of it.


And to give credit where it is deserved.

Reception: McMullin House
Flowers: Flower Affair
Decorations: Hillam Sisters 
(but aI couldn't have pulled it off without Jana Hoyal who made all the cute banners, lemonade stand and lets just say almost all of it, and Missy who did the cute cute sign in table)
Cute bistro lights and tables: Alpine Event Rentals
Suckers: Startup Candy Company
Catering: State Street Feed and Supply
Photography: Greenapple Photography
& some by my brother Todd Hillam

and that is that folks. 
It only took me 2 months to blog about the whole thing. But I did it!
Now to just finish the thank you cards.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

you make me happy.