4.26.2016

Our Family Photo's 2016

So, i'm sure if you are reading this you already know that I am a photographer and that means I am usually always the one behind the camera, not in front of it. When we moved out here to Northern California I knew I wanted to get some family photo's of us when Kate was a bit older...but still a baby, because lets just face it babies aren't babies long enough! Anyway's, back to the part about me being in front of the camera for this shoot....I don't know why but I was so stressed about these photo's! I searched and searched for outfits and couldn't seem to find anything that was flattering or what I had been envisioning in my head...seriously though, I have never in my life bought/returned more clothing online....i'm pretty sure the post office knows me by name now. haha But looking back,  I don't know what I was so worried about. We could have shown up wearing our pj's, and I would still love these photo's because they capture MY little family and that's all that matters. 

Looking at these photo's I totally get teary...it is amazing how our little Kate has completely turned the world we once knew upside down and created something so messy, complicated, stressful, exhausting, and 100% completely perfect. These photo's remind me how grateful I am for that. They capture our little family just the way we are at this moment in time and there are no words to describe how happy it makes me. I am so grateful I get to be Kate's mom and the wife to such an amazingly handsome and hard working man. 

If you have been wanting to get family pictures done but keep putting it off because it is hard to get the family on the same schedule, you want to lose 5 lbs, or you can't find the perfect clothes....stop making excuses. Just go do it!  (I even know a photographer that could take them for ya..hint hint Me!) But seriously, you won't regret it! I am so grateful we got these photo's done and know I am going to cherish them for ever. 

*These photo's were taken by the amazingly talented Kirsten Weimer - KNW Photography. If you are ever in San Francisco/Oakland look her up and book her for a shoot, she is sooooo great!





2 comments:

  1. I love them all! You said it perfectly! You have to enjoy the little moments and stages of life because they pass way too quickly! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful family, and beautiful heart-warming images.

    ReplyDelete

you make me happy.